This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UX suggestions

The game has a really well made user experience. I was actually surprised how everything is logically placed in game and pretty straightforward to use. There are still a couple of improvements that can be made. So here is my suggestions with proposals on how to fix those:

1. PC version zooming via mouse wheel is really slow and cumbersome to use because a single wheel step zooms too little.

My suggestion is to add a higher zoom value in PC build. It's probably a matter of refactoring the Zoom() method and providing an offset argument when the Zoom is called from PC Input mouse wheel input. Lerping between current zoom and desired zoom would also make it much smoother but this is an option for additional consideration if development time allows it.

2. The ordering of Use | Split | Auction etc. buttons causes the "Use" button to swap position when the amount of items changes from multiple to one. This happens because "Split" button dissapears. The effect is that when a player does multiple pressing of "Use" button for box, medal and heart items it causes an accidental click/touch of split button when the item stack ends.

As you can see on the images below - when opening multiple firecrackers, we are tapping the "Use" button on the second position. When firecrackers amount drop to 1, Use button suddenly jumps one position higher due to "Split" button dissapearance causing the player to tap the "Auction" button accidentally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	multiple.png
Views:	79
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	3596Click image for larger version

Name:	single.png
Views:	82
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	3597

"Use" or "Equip" action is a default and recommended one anyway so I believe it should always be on top. It's just that the "Split" action is being added first to the action buttons stack. I believe you are using a Unity Vertical Layout Group so there is a pretty easy fix for that. After the call to spawn all the buttons there - simply take the "Use" button and call gameObject.transform.SetAsFirstSibling();. It will ensure that the "Use" button will always stay in a top most position, no matter how many additional buttons are there.

3. I would greatly appreciate if there was a single toggle option to keep the full screen minimap aspect ratio.

Name:	map.png
Views:	131
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	3595

I understand that this design is made to maximize the available space for mobile but on the PC version this map is so ugly it's hard to look at it. Adding a toggle (for example - in top left of the window) would be awesome.

4. When adding basic stats, we have no overview of our combat stats at all. This is because of mobile first design but I still believe there is enough room to provide some basic information.

I think we can clearly define the most important combat stat for each basic stat. I would take the following assumptions:

STR should show Physical damage (PvM) and Attack Rate (PvM)
    AGI should show Defense (PvM) and Speed
    VIT should show Maximum health
    ENE should show Wiz damage (PvM) and Maximum mana.

I made a mockup on how these information could be fit into the current Stats screen.

Name:	mockup.png
Views:	84
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	3598

I hope the post was helpful!

I just saw your suggestion and communicated it to the administrators. Your proposal is interesting. We'll see what administrators think about it.

Comment

Got some more. I'd like to use this topic to provide additional suggestions that I might find instead of creating new topics each time.

5. When pressing the "Equip" button on an item that we can equip but we have another item in this slot, nothing happens.

It would be great if the items swapped places. That would help changing equipment tremendously and would make the process less tedious.

6. Lightining skill is almost a straight line from the player to the enemy.

Name:	lighting.png
Views:	62
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	3611

I believe the lightning skill is made using Unity LineRenderer with an animated shader applied. The skill effect would be greatly improved if it had few in-between points randomized every 200ms along this line. It should be an easy MonoBehaviour script to do and if you'd like I could prepare such script for you for easy deployment.

I didn't yet get a Gigantic Storm skill but it probably will have similar issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Firn View Post
        Got some more. I'd like to use this topic to provide additional suggestions that I might find instead of creating new topics each time.

5. When pressing the "Equip" button on an item that we can equip but we have another item in this slot, nothing happens.

It would be great if the items swapped places. That would help changing equipment tremendously and would make the process less tedious.

6. Lightining skill is almost a straight line from the player to the enemy.

Name:	lighting.png
Views:	62
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	3611

I believe the lightning skill is made using Unity LineRenderer with an animated shader applied. The skill effect would be greatly improved if it had few in-between points randomized every 200ms along this line. It should be an easy MonoBehaviour script to do and if you'd like I could prepare such script for you for easy deployment.

I didn't yet get a Gigantic Storm skill but it probably will have similar issue.
        We are working on equipping an item automatically by pressing a button. And with regard to the attack visual effects we will correct it over time.

Comment

Working...
        X