Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmogrification system and a jewel sink to the economy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmogrification system and a jewel sink to the economy.

World of Warcraft like transmogrification system is something that probably came to you often. For those who don't know, it's a system that allows you to take the appearance of any item to something that you previously own. You can wear items with desired stats and have the visual looks of items that you simply like how they look.

I'd like to provide you with an interesting idea on how this system could work on Lost Continent. You already have this window in place which means that you are considering having "skins" over the character:

Click image for larger version

Name:	looks.png
Views:	97
Size:	936.8 KB
ID:	3802

My idea is to add to this system by allowing the players to turn any item in-game into a skin. So if you have the looks of Brass set, you can simply use those items from this window. So far, pretty straightforward, the question is - how would we obtain those item skins to not make them easily accessible for all items in game.

Here comes the jewels sink to the game economy. To be able to unlock an item skin, you need an item you want a skin of to be +15 and then you go to noria Chaos Machine to burn it and unlock this item skin for your character.

A visual effect of normal item will be available if the item was a normal version. Excellent visual look of an item will be available if the item was exc and so on. When applying item skin in the Visual Effects window we can choose if the item should look as +0 or +15 etc.

By doing so we achieve the following:
    1. All items in the game, even the ones from season 1/2/3 etc. that currently have basically no use will get relevant and trade'able - people will want to unlock item skins so they will need those items to make them +15
    2. Making a multitude of items +15 to unlock items skins will create a huge jewels sink in the game economy - a great boon to reduce inflation.
    3. Players will be able to really customize their character in a great way.
    4. You could sell "Skin unlock tokens" in the Xshop store providing you with an additional money income from those who are impatient. Those tokens would let you turn an item into character skin without making it +15 first.

Let me know what do you think.

Hello Firn, I find your suggestion interesting, we will let the administrators know and if any improvement is made we will let you know on or in this forum.

Comment

Working...
    X